I am a Ph.D student at the chair of Holger Hermanns since summer 2007. My fields of interests are the semantics of concurrent systems and computer science education.
I investigate models of concurrency involving interaction, non-determinism and both discrete and continuous Markovian behaviour. I am as well interested in the analysis and verification of such models. My PhD work focuses on the semantics of Markov Auomata, a models incorporating interactive, non-deterministic and both discrete and continuous Markovian behaviour. supported by the German Research Foundation (DFG) as part of the graduate school “Leistungsgarantien für Rechnersysteme”.
I pursue a constructivists’ approach to teaching, that postulates that every learner has to construct for himself a unique model of what he wants to learn and that this construction process is highly individual. Two differerent people will never construct exactly the same model of the same thing.
“You cannot teach people, you can only guide them towards valueable constructions.”
In my teaching practice, I focus on teaching methods that provoke students’ active thinking, stimulate creative approaches and let them engage in matters instead of indulging in mere consumption.
Award Winning Teaching
For our course Concurrent Programming Holger Hermanns and I have been awarded the Preis des Fakultätentags 2013 by the association of computer science faculties of German universities.
Already in 2010, we received the students’ teaching award (busy beaver award) for the outstanding pedagical concepts of this course.
More details about this course and the programming language pseuco can be found at www.pseuco.de
- Co-Instructor Concurrent Programming (WS 07/08, SS 08, SS 09, SS10, SS 11, SS 12, SS 13) with Holger Hermanns. See here for further information.
- Instructor Mathematical Prepatory Course (WS 11/12, SS 12, WS 12/13, SS 13, WS 13/14). Contact me for further information and material.
- Co-Instructor Concurrency Theory (Seminar, WS 07/08)
- Instructor Tutors’ Training Course (WS 07/08, WS 11/12)
- Assistent Programming 1 (WS 07/08, WS 11/12)
Whenever you feel like getting in touch with me, come and see me in
or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Semantics for Every GSPN., Christian Eisentraut, Holger Hermanns, Joost-Pieter Katoen, Lijun Zhang, Petri Nets 2013
- Deciding Bisimilarities on Distributions., Christian Eisentraut, Holger Hermanns, Julia Krämer, Andrea Turrini, Lijun Zhang, QEST 2013
- The Quest for Minimal Quotients for Probabilistic Automata., Christian Eisentraut, Holger Hermanns, Johann Schuster, Andrea Turrini, Lijun Zhang, TACAS 2013
- Concurrency and Composition in a Stochastic World, C. Eisentraut and H. Hermanns and L. Zhang, CONCUR 2011 (invited paper)
- On Probabilistic Automata in Continuous Time, C. Eisentraut and H. Hermanns and L. Zhang, LICS 2010
- Teaching Concurrency Concepts to Freshmen, C. Eisentraut and H. Hermanns, in Transactions on Petri Nets and Other Models of Concurrency I, 2008
- FCT handling in BPEL 2.0 - A comparative analysis, C. Eisentraut and D. Spieler, WS-FM’08
- Teaching Concurrency to Freshmen, C. Eisentraut and H. Hermanns, Proceedings of “TeaConc’2007”
- Complete completeness for weak bisimulation semantics, C. Eisentraut, Master thesis, Saarland University, 2007
- Strongly convergent weak bisimulation congruence, C. Eisentraut, Bachelor thesis, Saarland University, 2006